Sunday, August 5, 2018

Universal Studios
























This weekend was absoultey EPIC! Universal Studios was all that we could have hoped for and more. Seriously! And I am not an amusement park person. I don't like Six Flags or Disney World. I'm more of a #Findyourpark (National Parks) person. Mitch and I both are. I will never understand people that spend every vacation going to the same amusement park when America offers so many great lands to see from the Paccific Northwest to the Arizona desert to the Gulf shores. So much to see and I want to see it all. But I would absolutely take my kids back to Universal.

It helped that they are huge Harry Potter fans and that we had Express Passes. We checked in at Hard Rock at 8AM on Saturday and hit the ground running. I think we were at the park around 9, and we wasted no time at all. Transformers, Men In Black, Simpsons...Then we hit Diagon Alley. The girls were stoked. Macy pretty much stuck with us and Matt and Cynthia ditched us at that point. We watched a Wand show and then the girls got their own interactive wands. They did a little magic around the park and then we checked out Escape from Gringotts. It was fantastic. Oh and Butter Beer Ice Cream...because when in Diagon Alley. It was delicious!

We met up with family for the mummy, Fast and the Furious, Shrek and Minions. The next day we were IN the park bright and early at 8AM. We took the train to Hogsmeade and did all the Harry Potter things. I swear we went on all the Harry Potter rides at least 3 times and we never waited in line for more than 20 min. Then we met up with family again. We went to Jurassic Park and Seuss Land. We checked out the superheros and then went back to Diagon Alley one last time for butter bear. It was a total success. The kids had a blast. We walked over 7miles each day and the pool back at Hard Rock sure felt good at the end of the day. Can't wait to go back!

No comments: