Sunday, December 23, 2018

Myerscough Family Christmas 2018






























Okay, so per the usual, this is a total picture overload. I just love the time that I get to spend with these people. They are my people, my home, my happiness. And of course our time together always goes much too quickly. Aunt Laura, Nat and Jo arrived in Illinois on Wednesday evening so they came to visit us in Mt. Zion on Thursday. We had pizza and the kids played and I got to catch up with my sister. The cousins always have so much fun together.

Friday we had a half day of school. But we were able to get to Charleston by 4. Gigi, Aunt Laura and Uncle Jeff took all the kids to go see Mary Poppins Returns. I went to the nursing home to see Grandpa Merle. We had a short but nice visit. It made me smile to see him enjoying his dessert. He always has had a sweet tooth, and that remains. He ate a cookies and of course his ice cream. After the movie we all gathered at Gigi and Papa's house for dinner. There was some mean games of pool taking place downstairs and electric battleship in the kitchen. The little girls had a blast playing dress up. Leah and Kiersten went to have a sleepover at Uncle Matt and Aunt Cynthia's.

Saturday morning we were up and moving, but mostly having fun socializing. Mitch helped Gigi in the kitchen, of course. We had a family dinner early afternoon. Uncle Matt fried up some Walleye, it was amazing. Uncle Kevin stopped by to say hello and we had a wonderful visit. Then it was time for the gifts. Lots of cute clothes, all things Harry Potter, and lots of STEM toys. My favorite gift of the night was the Ugly Christmas Sweater featuring President Trump that we got for Papa.

The night quickly came to a close with stockings and our matching Christmas Pajamas. I just love the "Christmas Cousins Crew" shirts that we got for the kids. After we gave our hugs good bye and loaded up in to the car. There were tears, from both the girls and myself. Hattie said "I don't want them to go." I know the feeling well...Arizona seems so far at times. We absolutely treasure the time we have together.

No comments: