Sunday, January 27, 2019

Off to Charleston





On Friday our very own Mt. Zion Braves were playing our very own Macy!!! Leah and Kiersten both invited a friend and we headed to Charleston. We stopped at Freddy's first for a a quick dinner. That's always a hit! When we got to the gym I automtically sat on the visitors side. I saw some Mt. Zion friends. It didn't take long for me to realize that cousin, Megan Myerscough, was playing for the Charleston 7th grade team. So I then I knew that Uncle Kevin and Aunt Cindy would be there. I sent Hattie across the gym on her own and boy were they surprised to see her! It was fun to see the reaction. Hattie came back over to me and between games we went over to sit with them. It was a great game and Mt. Zion pulled it out in the end...down to the wire.

Matt, Cynthia, Colby and Jackson arrived shortly after. We were cheering on our Macy girl...but I also knew a lot of the Mt. Zion players. Charleston took the first game easily. Mt. Zion came back and won the second set. The third set was a close one, but Mt. Zion took the win. We were happy for our hometown team but sad for our Macy. After the game we headed back to Freddy's. We met the Mt. Zion team there, but thankfully we were able to grab our custard and hit the road. We have many more years to watch the girls Braves battle my Charleston Trojans!

No comments: