Sunday, March 10, 2019

Bug turns 9!













They tell you it goes fast, but you really have no idea! Somehow I blinked and this kid is halfway to adulthood. The night before her birthday she said to me”mom, I don’t want to grow up.” I assured her that there would always be room for her in my arms. The truth is, I don’t really want her to grow up either. But at the same time watching her grow up is my greatest joy...that’s true for all three of my girls. She still has those same crystal blue eyes she’s had since birth, she still has to have things done on her terms, and her independence at this stage is admirable. I joke sometimes that she adults better than I do. She’s just a truly amazing girl!

On her birthday we started the day with gigantic cinnamon rolls...topped with candles of course. She took sugar cookies and tootsie pops to school to enjoy with her class. It was a bad day at school so Gigi took us to lunch at Olive Garden where they brought her a delicious lemon mousse and sang Happy Birthday to her and we finished out the day at Dairy Queen for our traditions ice cream cone!

On Saturday night we hosted Ella Spaide, Jane Osman, Emma Ulis and Cayde White to a sleepover. They made emoji bracelets and picture frames, they enjoyed pizza and Ice Cream cake. I think a good time was had by all. Happy Birthday to my sweet Bug!

No comments: