Tuesday, April 20, 2021

ASWB




 A lot of hard work came to fruition today. Fourteen years ago I completed my Masters in Social Work, but two years ago I started taking steps to get my school certification after loving a long term subbing gig at the Junior High. Last Spring, amid the outbreak of a global pandemic I finished grad school AGAIN! But with offices shut down all over the country I couldn’t get moving on the rest of the process. Finally in the Fall I was able to register for my exam...but the start of the school year was nuts!!! Remote or not? Masks and social distancing!!! I pushed my exam back to January. And then wouldn’t you know it I had to reschedule...because we had covid.

Today, finally, during an April snowstorm (because you can’t make this stuff up) I headed to Springfield for my Social Work boards. I couldn’t take in water, paper and pen, not even a fidget or gum...they locked up my phone and my jewelry. For about three hours I sat at a computer in a poorly lit room and I PASSED my boards!!! I’m my own worst critic. I didn’t think I’d get it the first time around, my test anxiety was getting the best of me but it’s done!!! 

Cute picture of my puppy included because she wanted my constant attention and really struggled to let me study. But she’s cute so there’s that. Thanks to the husband, my family, friends and awesome co-workers that were cheering me on. It feels so good to have that behind me. #finishschoolwhileyoureyoung #schultzfamilyescapades #socialworklife


No comments: