Monday, May 11, 2009

Let's get this started!





I've been saying that I was going to do this for a long time...and here we are, Leah just turned a year old and I am finally getting around to it. I like to pride myself on being organized, being on top of things, so I'm feeling a little disgruntled on my recent lack of progress on a number of things, but as they say "things change once you have kids" and I don't always have time to catch up on things the way that I would like to...It's a wonder sometimes that the kitchen floor gets cleaned and the laundry is done :)

Anyway, as I was saying Leah's birthday came and went. We had a wonderful birthday party for her last weekend when we were home in Illinois. It was great to see family and friends, and Leah certainly had fun. I think we are going to have to invest in a "bouncer" it was the hit of the party!
Looking back over the past year, I can now reflect and say that it has been one of the best years of my life. I think that God definitely had a plan when he brought Mitch into my life, and I into his. And he definitely had the wheels churning when he blessed us with Leah. What an amazing little person she is. She has such an outgoing, charismatic personality. She just sucks you in the minute you see her. Her smile radiates for miles, and when she starts chattering, you can't help but laugh. The girl makes her presence known. Watching her grow, change and meet milestone after milestone this past year has been amazing and I look forward to every day, because with her, every day is an adventure, or with Leah...an ESCAPADE is more likely...You just never know what kind of trouble she will find.

No comments: