Monday, August 17, 2009

The Best



So I have to give my wonderful husband, Mitchell some props. Last week, he threw me a surprise party to congratulate me for graduating with my masters. I never saw it coming. I was utterly clueless...which is normally not the case! He had asked me 2 weeks before hand if we had any plans, had me call a few friends and make arrangements. We had wanted to have a cookout with friends for Leah's 1st birthday, but the trip to the hospital 2 days before that put a hault to that plan, and everyone is always so busy in the summer. We figured that as long as everyone was around it would be a great chance to get the grown-ups and kids together for a "play-date" we had the grill fired up and the baby pool's inflated. Imagine my surprise when there were balloons, flowers and a cake FOR ME! I probably don't say it enough, but God gave me a wonderful gift when he brought Mitch into my life. He is a wonderful husband, father and my very best friend.

No comments: