Thursday, February 3, 2011

Party Planning



The 1st Birthday preparations have begun:

http://www.etsy.com/listing/67159658/lady-bug-birthday-party-hat-and-bib-set

The link above is to the absolutely too precious for words hat and bib combo that I ordered for Kiersten's party. I added a picture of one of the fun "ladybug" treats that Daddy and I are going to make for the party and of course the invitation. There are custom lady bug cupcake toppers, a personalized banner and a ladybug personalized onesie for the birthday girl. I've got the ladybug balloons here ready to be packed and taken to Illinois and Gigi is ordering our ladybug cake just for the birthday girl. It's hard for me to believe that in only 33 days my little bug will be one year old. Of course when it comes to spunk, she is so much older than one. I swear it comes from watching her older sister. They are two peas in a pod when it comes to some things.

This weekend Mitch and I will be heading out for our vacation. We are going to Riviera Maya in Mexico with Mitch's siblings and spouses. It is a well deserved vacation for all of us and I know we are going to have a great time. It's going to be tough for me....this will be the longest I will ever have been away from Kiersten. Honestly I have only been away from her one night when I went to NYC with my mom and Cynthia. We went to the Riviera Maya (same resort) when Leah was 5 months old for 4 nights. I knew that was all I would be able to bear being away from her. I called my mom every night to check on her. I'm going to try to refrain from that this time. Mitch's parents are coming to take care of the girls since my mom was just here and I know they will be in good hands. So party planning, blogging etc will be on hiatus until our return. I hope my bug doesn't get much bigger while I am gone ;) She is getting harder and harder for me to cradle in my arms.

No comments: