Tuesday, November 8, 2011

"punkin-head" and Jack-O-Lantern!

I'm late in posting, Halloween has come and gone and the girls had so much fun with their pumpkins this year! Of course I think it was even more special that the pumpkins came from our own garden. Grandma Tootie and Grandpa Dave sent the girls a very special halloween package. It had stuffed animals, tattoos, peeps and lollipops but by far the biggest hit in the box was the Mr. Potato Head pumpkin decorating kit. Leah couldn't wait to do it. I actually had to hide it from her for a few days and I love the picture below...just check out that concentration on her face. Trying to make sure that the placement of the warted witches nose is just right. It's too cute. They loved creating their pumpkin with the kit, what fun!





In addition to the kit, we also did the traditional carved pumpking...I suppose I shouldn't say we. I didn't do a bit of it, I snapped tons of pictures and even got the video camera out for a bit. Last year Kiersten was barely beginning to crawl. This year she was running wild all over the place. Leah on the other hand, remembered how it was done. She was scooping it out and trying to instruct Kiersten how it's done. By far, their favorite part was when we turned out the lights and they got to see the Jack-O-Lantern all lit up. Kiersten kept saying "SPOOKY!" What started out as a good night, turned into a fantastic night, because after all the pumpkin carving was done we watched the St. Louis Cardinals win the 2011 World Series...GO CARDS!






No comments: