Friday, October 11, 2013

Antelope Island







Lauren and I...hadn't seen her in 17 years...she's still amazing!








On our last day in Utah, we decided to take the girls to the Salt Lake before heading to the airport. I have an old friend from High School that lives there, and I was so happy that she was able to meet up with us. Lauren, and her young daughter Claire joined us at Antelope Island (I never saw a single antelope).

The girls had fun, running around, taking in the scenery and posing for the camera while Lauren and I caught up. It had been 17 years since she moved away from Charleston, but we picked up right where we left off. It was so wonderful to see her and next time we go back I will be letting her know for sure. It would be wonderful to meet the rest of her family.

We started at the visitors center where you could read on the history and the science of the Salt Lake. I didn't because I was busy talking to my friend. But after that we headed down to the beach. As we walked towards the water the girls got more and more excited. They couldn't wait to put their feet in it. I think they were crazy. It was a high of 50 so that water had to be COLD! But they didn't seem to mind.

After they finished playing in the Lake, we said our Good-byes to Lauren and Claire. Then we found a picnic area to sit and have lunch. It was the perfect way to end our trip...and of course we had to do a little more posing...this time with flowers. We made it to the airport and had uneventful flights home. It was nice to finally be sleeping in our own beds. Thanks for the memories, Utah! Until we meet again.

No comments: