Tuesday, April 22, 2014

April in Minnesota












I did it!!! I took the kids all the way to Minnesota for Leah's spring break by myself. Everyone said I was crazy...maybe I am, but the girls did so well. I took our babysitter, Baylee with me, that way she could tend to the kids while I was driving. But they were troopers. We got to Grandma Fran's in Mondovi (Eau Claire area) at 11:15 Tuesday night, and were up and at'em early the next morning. We left Grandma's around 8:45 because we knew there was bad weather in the forecast. Bad weather might be an understatement. On APRIL 16th, I drove for nearly 4 hours in snowy, poor road conditions. One of the towns we passed through, Minong, got over a foot of cnow. But we made it in 5.5 hours to Aunt Lori and Uncle Todd's house up near Grand Rapids MN.

The girls were super excited to see their cousins...Aunt Lori and Uncle Todd too, but mostly their cousins. Thursday morning we got up and went to the Judy Garland Children's museum and childhood home. The girls had a blast playing in all the different exhibits. They loved the Wizard of Oz theme and kept looking for "Dorothy". I enjoyed reading some of the facts about Judy's childhood and family. Leah was sad then I said that Dorothy didn't really live there since she had passed on several years ago. So then Leah told Aunt Lori and Uncle Todd how Dorothy wasn't there because she was dead. The things kids say!

No comments: