Thursday, February 5, 2015

Meet Zoey




Mitch finally caved and let me get another dog!!! It only took months and months of me seeing pics of dogs online and constantly forwarding them to him. We finally had a heart to heart and explained that Sandy isn't getting any younger. I don't want to wait until she is gone and then "replace" her...I'd rather find a new fur-ever friend before that time comes. He finally saw where I was coming from. I took the girls to Homeward Bound Pet Shelter on Thursday and we played with a few sweet pups. On Saturday Mitch went with us to an adoption event at Pet Smart, and then we went back to Homeward Bound. This little sweetie wasn't one of the pups we visited on our first trip, but Mitch wanted to check her out. Who was I to argue. I was compromising so to speak. I had been checking out male dogs and he wanted a female for training purposes. Zoey (they called her Tina) was brought in with her brother. They were found in a big cardboard box abandoned in a bean field down by St. Louis. So who knows how they were treated before being dropped off to die.

It didn't take us long to fall in love. We spent about 30 min in a private room with her, and then we brought Sandy in to visit too. There were no issues so I filled out her application and waited. On Tuesday we got the call to come get her. We were so excited...and we are loving her already!!!

No comments: