Monday, April 25, 2016

Mt. Zion Color Run











This past weekend Mt. Zion Community Club hosted their Color Run Fundraiser. We were excited to participate. Neither Mitch or I had ever done a color run before. This one was pretty simple. We started at the Intermediate school went past Fletcher park towards the library, Main St. and the Henderson back to the school. It was a quick mile jog. Leah and Kiersten took off with Mitch. I said I would go in the second group because I was pretty sure that there was no way Hattie was going to run a mile. Well, she proved me wrong!

Leah found her friend Mark, and so she took off with him. She says she ran the whole way. Mitch stayed with Kiersten who ran most of the mile. Of course, a three year old running doesn't go very fast. I found myself kind of jogging in place or walking briskly a time or two but she did it. And several times she said it was the "best day ever".

When we got to the end the kids had a blast playing in MORE color with our friends the Gray's and Brent's. It was a fun day. One we will certainly do again!

No comments: