Sunday, November 27, 2016

Grandma Schaumburg's cookies

Some of the cousins that enjoyed the cookies!
Brynn, Jayce, Jackson, Aubrey, Kiersten, Hattie, Leah, Macy & Colby












Growing up there were many things that were a constant. One of those things was my Grandma Schaumburg's sugar cookies. I don't know what it was about them, but you had to eat them! During the holidays when I miss her like crazy, it seemed like the right time to give them a try. Now, I'm not going to lie. I get none of the credit. Having thrown my back out, Mitch took on the tasks of recreating her magical recipe and he did not disappoint. My mom always host a Holiday gathering for the Schaumburgs the weekend after Thanksgiving and I promised some cousins that these cookies would be there. They all said that Mitch nailed it and they tasted just like hers. That warmed my heart. And the girls, especially Leah, who hears all the time how much she looks like Grandma enjoyed being a part of recreating these cookies. Maybe this will have to be our new tradition.

No comments: