Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Dominican Republic











Every once in a while, Mitch and I get the chance to sneak away for a little rest and relaxation! A little time to unwind and reconnect. This year we went to the Barcelo Bavaro resort in Punta Cana and it was fabulous. I've never walked on softer sand. The blue of the ocean was breathtaking and the resort was fantastic. It helped a little that we got upgraded to a suite...but then again, we spent such little time in our room that it didn't really make much difference. Except that private jetted tub on our balcony. It was fantastic and we soaked every night!

The resort had a fantastic gym so we were able to get our workouts in too. They even offered a spin class. They offered Hydrotherapy, which we partook in every afternoon. We had a couples massage and I even indulged in a mud wrap! All of the restaurants and buffets that we visited had wonderful food with lots of choices. One disclaimer...Dominican Tequila is not nearly as good as Mexican Tequila. But you can't have it all and I'd go back in a heartbeat. Especially with my partner, love of my life and best friend. I love that we get these chances to be together and remember all the reasons that we fell in love!

No comments: