Monday, September 3, 2018

Mitch's Birthday Surprise


Well I did it! This weekend I pulled off a surprise for Mitch's birthday! Back in May/June when we were getting ready for my birthday he made a point of telling me that he didn't want a party for his birthday. But I couldn't let it pass without any fanfare. Afterall, 40 is a big deal! So back in July I started talking to our friends. I managed to purchase 10 tickets to the Cardinals game and made plans for every one to meet us in St. Lou. I told Mitch we were going to a game with Don and Holly...easy enough.

On our way to the hotel, Mitch saw a message on my phone from Bailey's Range. He asked if I made a reservation. Thankfully, one of the last times we were there we had to wait, so I told him better safe than sorry. When we arrived he was totally oblivious to the fact that the waitress set out ten menus. We sat and pondered and sure enough friends started to arrive. Mitch just looked at them and said "Hey are you guys going to the game today too!" He didn't get it...so I told him "Surprise! We are going to the game together for your birthday!" The look on his face was priceless. Jill and Jason weren't able to meet us at the restaurant, but we were happy to catch up with them at the game. We had great fun...the game was tertrible but the company more than made up for that. No man is a failure when he has friends...and man, do we have some good ones! Happy 40th, Mitch...and technically it wasn't a party. Just friends enjoying a game.

No comments: