Wednesday, October 24, 2018

A League of Their Own









A League of Their Own indeed!!! I never cared for Halloween much. I didn't enjoy dressing up as a kid. In fact, by the time I was 10 years old, I opted to stay home and handout candy instead of going out for treats of my own. Maybe it was just my introvert personality. Halloween as the mom is so different. I love helping my girls get into their costumes, transforming into characters so different from who they may really be. Every year we've had a theme and last year and this year are by far my favorites. Two classic Gary Marshall movies from my own youth, that are now  favorites of theirs, too. Hocus Pocus and A League of Their Own are on repeat in this house. It's so fantastic to listen to the girls quote these films.

Every year we do Boo at the Zoo. I know Leah will soon outgrow these traditions so I'm enjoying it while I still can. The past two years we've joined the Swim Team for Boo at the Zoo. It's a chance for the kids to socialize and have some fun outside of the pool deck. There was a family walking behind us this year. The girls were singing a song from Beetlejuice, quoting A Leage of Their Own, and I heard the mom say "I feel like those parents are doing it right!" And I had to laugh. I turned around and said "You should've seen them last year!" She asked what they were. So I pulled out my phone and showed her our Hocus Pocus, Sanderson sisters picture. She just looked at me, smiled, and said we should do that every year. At least I know I get Halloween right EVERY.SINGLE.YEAR! I'm gonna miss this.

No comments: