Saturday, January 4, 2020

Is this a Joke?

For real, it's been a day. I woke up at 4am and was having abdominal pain. I chalked it up to sleeping on a hospital couch all week. But when I woke up at 6, it was significantly worse. Like, pain so bad it was making me nauseous, and ALL on my left side. By 7, Mitch was insistent that I get to the hospital. So back to the hospital we went. Actually I had him drop me off at the ER and then go home...because kids. And kids that had a big swim meet today none the less.

I was in so much pain when they finally got me to a room I was hyperventilating and actually got sick. I've had 3 babies. That was way easier. They got my IV started, gave me Zofran for the nausea and fentanyl for the pain...actually fentanyl twice. An hour later when I was still super uncomfortable they gave me tordol. Yep, that didn't work either. Next up was dilaudid. Thankfully, that did the trick.

The doctor was certain it was either diverticulitis or a kidney stone. They did a CT and it was all clear. So then they decided to rule out Cysts on my kidney or ovary. They results were negative there, too. I actually had a large collapsed cyst on my right side. That's weird. My blood work and urine screen came back fine. They said my blood work showed I was pretty healthy...yes, yes I am, usually. So they said they were giving me another round of dilaudid, perscription for pain meds and sending me on my way. But wait, what's wrong with me? How are we going to make it stop? They said their best guess was gastritis, inflammation of the stomach lining, or gastroenteritis, the stomach flu. Sigh...here's to hoping I can stay pain free. At least Hattie and I got matching Hospital bracelets this Christmas break.




No comments: