Saturday, October 31, 2020

Red Ribbon Week

SADD (Students Against Destructive Decisions) helped Mt. Zion Schools celebrate Red Ribbon Week Oct. 26- Oct. 30th. There were different themed days for the students and staff to dress up. I can't even remember what Monday was. Tuesday was your future self, Thursday was future college or career, and Friday we got to wear Halloween Costumes. Leah dressed like a nerd. She nailed it with the hair and I loved that her dress had elements from the periodic table on it. I dressed as a Spartan Cheerleader from SNL. I was super pumped that Mr. Weirman was the Craig to my Ariana. We even had some fun doing cheers in the west pod. Our science teachers nailed it as elements. Mrs. Downs was Silver, Mrs. Dotson was gold and Mr. Brunner was lead...lead Ed! I wish I had snagged a picture of our social studies dept. Mr. Kendall was a bottle of Siracha, Mr. Bradley was a monk and Mr. Ellis was Jake from State Farm. I'm so glad that our students got to have a little fun on this Friday. Because earlier today, it was announced that Mt. Zion schools are moving to remote learning for the remainder of quarter 2. My girls are sad, I'm sad. They were really thriving being back in the classroom. We'll make the most of it. And I'm grateful that they had 10 weeks to get to know their teachers and understand the expectations. Wish us luck for the next 6-7 weeks!






 

No comments: