Friday, February 18, 2022

Salut

A little day drinking happened with my favorite guy today!!! What an experience for these Midwesterner’s. So last week Mitch treated me to a flamenco show for Valentine’s. Today I treated him to a Paella cooking class. It started at the Merkat de Ruzafa. We shopped for the ingredients, talked to a few “shopkeeps”, sampled some Easter fuet and then headed to the kitchen!

It was a beautiful day to be in the city. Not a cloud in the sky and temps in the low 70’s. Jordi, José and the team at My First Paella Gastro Experiences treated us to some delicious Sangria and some wonderful tapas. The queso y jamón was terrific but the mussels were my fave, cooked in some lemon, orange and garlic.

After tapas, we started the Paella cooking experience. Everyone in our group was English speaking. In fact there was a mother/ daughter duo from Chicago and one from Rhode Island. We enjoyed some lively conversation while learning the ins and outs of paella marisco. I let Mitch be a little more hands on…he’s the master chef at our house. We sautéed the seafood, he chopped the onions and more. We learned a lot and enjoyed a great meal and some wine. We’d give it a 5 star review. If you’re ever in the area, give it a try. I’m so glad we did!

















No comments: