Wednesday, August 3, 2022

Hasta luego

I keep telling myself it’s not goodbye, it’s just see you later. I’m feeling so heartbroken to be leaving this beautiful country. And what’s even harder is seeing how hard it is on the girls. You don’t prepare yourself for this when you begin an expat. Leah is feeling all the emotions, Hattie too…and they don’t want to go. Kiersten has a good poker face. But saying goodbye to her friends was hard.

I couldn’t help but cry when we drove away from our house. I won’t miss the house at all, but the memories made. Man, we made a lot of good memories. I’m feeling guilt for going home…guilt for leaving Mitch alone, for taking the girls away from him. I know it’s for the best. Hattie doesn’t have a school in Spain, but that doesn’t make it any easier. I’m so grateful for the time that we had in the beautiful place. I’ll never take for granted the growth it provided as a family and as individuals. It was beyond an eye opening experience for us. And now we look for ways to keep growing. 











No comments: