Saturday, August 13, 2022

Reunited





I don’t think a year has ever gone by as quickly as the last year in Spain. If you’d have asked me a year ago, I would have told you that I would be without a doubt ready to come home after a year. But if you’d asked me a week ago my response would’ve been much different. Simply put, I didn’t want to leave. I grew to love the country and “some” of the culture very much. 

Mitch and I were in a great routine of sitting in our garden every night. We walked every weekend and we’d stop at the cafe around the corner for cafe con leche y pan con tomate for breakfast. Or we’d walk into L’Eliana for REALLY good cafe con leche at Cafe de Italia. I’m gonna miss it so much. But all good things must come to an end, so here we are, back in Illinois. It’s bitter for sure, even more so because we came home without Mitch, my partner and my best friend. 

We got home last weekend and hit the ground running. We bought a new car, got Kiersten a phone, had five different medical appointments. Oh, and I went to work while the girls started sports. The highlight was the dogs arrival. They had a seemingly easy trip this time around. It took them quite awhile to get through customs so they didn’t come home until the next day but they knew were they were and settled right back in at home. 

No comments: