Saturday, January 7, 2023

Los Reyes Magos

Feliz día de los tres reyes!!! Something I have been thinking about for several weeks was 3 Kings day! I started messaging bakeries in  Decatur and Champaign two weeks before Christmas. As I laid in a hotel room during the early hours of New Years Day, I started looking for bakeries in the drive home. I couldn’t believe my luck when I got a message from a bakery in Bollingbrook as I was pulling out of the hotel parking garage. I told him I was 25 minutes out and he stayed open for me to get there. Jackpot!!!

I was so happy to have found a Roscón de Reyes! To celebrate the girls invited a few friends over. Josslyn, Julia Cushing and Adriana came over and Lucy Schnippel, too. I couldn’t believe it when I cut into “the king” with my first try. But then we were even more surprised to find 3 more in the cake. It was fun being able to celebrate this tradition here stateside.





No comments: