Monday, May 10, 2010

Oh, My Leah...


Typically it goes like this "Oh My, Leah!" but today it is "Oh, My Leah." This rambunctious little lady is always doing something to make me shake my head, but today I am just thankful for all the joy that she has brought into my life. I just wanted to jot down a few things about her and her behaviors now that she is 2...so that I never forget all the things that she does that make me smile.


  • Whenever you see a Mommy animal and a Baby animal together (toys, TV, etc...) you say "awwww" it melts my heart.

  • A few months ago, I was cleaning the toilets. I left the room to get some glass cleaner and came back to find her scrubbing the toilet with my hairbrush.

  • A few weeks ago I found her in the master bedroom, giving her teddy bear a bath in the dog's water bowl. She even thought it out enough to grab a handtowel to dry him off.

  • Whenever Kiersten starts to cry she says "Baby Kiersten, Wa Wa!"

  • She recently saw a commercial that had a donkey in it, now every time she sees it she says "hee haw"...it cracks me up.

  • She is starting to use the arms of our couch for her balancing beam, and she jumps off and throws her hands in the air and says "TA DA!"

  • Every once in awhile she looks at you and says "WHAT?" with the funniest little smirk on her face.

  • Every morning I wake up to the sound of her saying "Knock, Knock" in her worst Boston accent and banging on her door.

  • She is the biggest Daddy's girl and runs to the door when he gets home every night.

  • I love the way she says "Gigi's house, Papa's house."

  • It breaks my heart when she says "Macy's house, Colby's house."

  • She loves to dig in the dirt and is always looking for "Slimey" (earthworms).

  • She still can't get enough Toy Story 2 and Woody...what a tom-boy.

  • It drives her daddy crazy when she asks "Why?" He thinks she is too young for this, I think she is just super smart :)

  • I love that you can occupy yourself for hours with your toys. You have quite the imagination.

  • Whenever you see a commercial or an Alvin and the Chipmunks toy you scream out "ALVIN!!!"

  • Most of all I love your bedtime routine. You ALWAYS give mommy, daddy and Kiersten a kiss goodnight and even after you are all tucked in your bed you cry out "night night, mommy" just a few extra times.


There aren't words to explain how amazing the last 2 years have been and how much you have changed our lives and our priorities. Thanks for giving me a million reasons to smile and I look forward to all the memories we still have to make...my darling, Little Leah!

No comments: