Thursday, November 11, 2010

8 months and counting

You will have to excuse my blogging hiatus. We have been doing a major project at our house that required a dumpster in my driveway for a week and the in-laws were here to help out. My father-in-law and hubby put a new roof on our house and what I was told was going to be a 3-4 day project has turned into a week + project with a change of flight plans for Grandpa Dave and a temporary loss of my sanity. By Tuesday I was jittery from all the banging and was quite certain I couldn't take anymore, but alas...it's almost done, and if I'm lucky it will get finished up this weekend while I am happily out of town enjoying my girls getaway in NYC with my mom and SIL Cynthia.

Onto the reason for the post...Yes, Kiersten is 8 months old. It actually happened a few days ago, but I have been delayed. She is really a happy baby girl and these two pictures capture her "happy" expression so well. I love these shots sans the bright red-Rudolph nose from the cold that we have been battling for a week now. No stats to report this month because there is a well-child check-up, but she certainly has a hearty appetite. She is especially fond of feeding herself finger foods. Sadly, we are done breast feeding. I didn't necessarily want to be done, but she decided that she was done and has REALLY taken to the bottle. She is just to busy and gets too distracted by big sister Leah to stay focused on the task at hand...so I sadly let it go. Good thing I have a freezer full of breast milk to get us through the next few weeks.

On October 29th, Kiersten pulled herself up into the standing position. I walked into the living room to see her standing at the fireplace happily playing with some of Leah's toys. The camera wasn't in reach, but I snapped a shot on my cell phone. She didn't stay up long. And wouldn't you know it, one week later on Nov. 5th I caught her walking holding on to the furniture. Any one want to place any bets that she will be walking by Christmas??? My little baby isn't a little baby anymore, she has gotten a taste of independence and she likes it!




No comments: