Monday, January 24, 2011

My Bug!!!

Yes, I said Bug. I have called Kiersten that since the day we brought her home from the hospital. Actually it started out as my little Bug-a-Boo, but has been shortened over time to just bug. Sometimes it's Ladybug, sometimes its doodlebug, and at least 3 or 4 times a day she is a Jersey Stink Bug, ha ha! But most the time she is just my bug. I started to think that maybe it was inappropriate to call my precious baby girl a "bug" all the time, but a few weeks ago I was watching the show Parenthood and Erika Christenson's character (the blonde lawyer sister) called her 5 year old daughter a bug I felt like I had been redeemed, I was not the only one so I am sticking with it. Being that she is my little bug, as I have started first birthday party plans, I felt that I had no choice but to go with a ladybug theme. But not the pink and green combo that's out there these days...I want the REAL one. I ordered her an adorable onesie, cupcake toppers, a banner, balloons, plates and napkins and a custom lady bug invitation from etsy. I can't wait to see it all. We are going back to Illinois the last weekend in February and decided we would do her party then so all her little cousins could join in on the fun, and besides it's only 10 days early. Much more fun than having it in Jersey with our 3 couple friends and handful of kids. So thankful and grateful that Gigi and Papa have a big house for hosting the party. They did Leah's too, but at least in May we were able to be outside. It's going to be a good time. But anyway, below is the picture I chose for the invitation, but I'm not revealing it yet. Leah wanted in on the action so of course we took a "Birthday party" picture for her too!



In other news our bug is walking, she took her first steps last week. Mitch was in Wisconsin for his grandfather's funeral and my mom was out here with me. On the 18th she was taking one step here and there...I don't really count that, but on the 19th she was off. It started with the one step here and there and quickly jumped to 4 steps and then 7!!! Gigi was having fun counting and watching this major milestone. Now you can't keep her down. She rarely takes more than 7 or 8 without falling on her toosh, but she's going and there is no stopping her now. Way to go, Bug!!!

No comments: