Friday, August 5, 2011

Tumbling Tots

When we moved to Decatur I started entertaining the idea of getting Leah signed up for dance or gymnastics as an outlet for all her energy. We were fortunate enough to find the Dance program at Richland Community College. It's super affordable and they offer tons of classes. It came recommended from my Aunt Denise, my cousin Sarah does dance (competitive) in Bloomington and her instructor recommended we look into it and I'm glad we did.

They start at the age of 2 with the class "I'm 2, I'm Terrific", followed by "tumbling tots" for kids 3-5, they also have Creative Movements I, II and Pre-Ballet for Leah's age. Now that we have completed tumbling, I think we will move along to the next class.

Leah loved it! She did somersaults, cartwheels, back-bends and more. I think it also began to prepare Leah for what it means to be involved in a structured extra-curricular. There were times it was hard for her to listen to Ms. Jan, but she's learning. I love my little tumbler and am excited to watch her progress in the next class.





No comments: