Sunday, April 22, 2012

Ready for Summer Fun!





Everyone says "How nice for your kids." I think "How nice for ME!" A few months back Mitch and I decided that we would get a swingset for the kids before the summer began. They are ready, they love to be outside, but the true motivation for me was that it will be much easier to get them outside and keep them outside this summer while I am tending to the new baby. Even as I sit here typing this, Kiersten is sitting next to me saying "I go swing."

We were super excited to find this one on samsclub.com and the kicker was that it came with FREE SHIPPING...YES! Perfect since we had no way to transport one to our house and the price was great. So I went for it. It was one week from checkout on my computer to being on our doorstep (or in our driveway). Mitch began construction on it in our garage. Over two nights he spent probably about 3-4 hours working on it, and then yesterday my brother came and spent a good 5-6 hours helping with the rest of the assembly. Thank goodness. What a project...for them! Can't thank Uncle Matt enough for helping us out. We owe him, but it was fun for the girls and I to spend the time playing with Colby. The kids were so patient waiting for the construction, and couldn't wait to give it a try. Now we are anxious to have lots of playdates with friends and really break it in. Come on Summer!

No comments: