Saturday, April 20, 2013

All Dolled Up

This weekend the girls were super excited to attend the Fairy Tale Ball at the Children's Museum. Leah went last year with Mitch, but this year he was taking both girls. We had been planning it for months. Lots of our friends were planning on attending too. Joel came and took Charlee. Jason Habrock brought Ashtyn and Eric Gray came with Tatum. The girls were excited to be attending but even more excited that they were going with ALL their friends. And I think the Dad's liked the idea of being there together too.

We started getting ready plenty early. I put the girls in the bath right after lunch. I put a little mousse in their hair and blew it dry with the blowdryer...they think that's a special treat. While Bug went down for a nap, I painted Leah's nails. Around 3 PM I got to work on her hair. I never imagined with would take as long as it did, but I spent an hour putting spiral curls in her hair. I think it turned out so beautiful, and she was such a trooper. For a while she sat and played on her tablet, and of course I put a movie on for her. I was finishing her up when Bug came downstairs from her nap. I knew there was no chance that Kiersten would sit as nicely. So I started with her finger nails. She loves to have "pretty fingers" and once they were done drying I got to work on her hair. I just used my instyler to put some big barrel curls in her hair and then brushed it out a little to give it a lot of body. She loved it, and it was fun to see both of their faces as they looked in the mirror.

The Hunts got here a little early, and we had ordered pizza for dinner. After the girls ate, I got them dressed and ready to go. We took a few pictures before they left and the close up of the girls with Mitch is my new personal favorite. Their smiles say it all...Daddy loves his girls and they love him too. From what I heard it was a wonderful night. Hopefully I can get Daddy to do another guest post on the night at the ball. 

                                   








No comments: