Wednesday, August 20, 2014

1st Grade


Yesterday we started yet another new chapter...Leah started 1st grade at a new school. She was beyond excited. Mostly because she didn't have to wear a uniform and I let her ride the bus. She thinks she is big stuff. We met her teacher two weeks ago at Registration and again last night at Orientation. I really, like her...Mrs. Patrick. She is young and full of energy. She needs it with 23 1st graders. Leah knows two kids in the class...well kind of. She met Audrey Brent yesterday, and I know Audrey's mom Anita. Then I was suprised to see that Kim McCullough's son was in Leah's class. Kim went to high school with me. Now she is Kim Arthur, and her son Austin is in Leah's class...so fun!

I felt like the day went out without a hitch and then at dinner Leah tells us that she wasn't paying attention and missed drop off at her school. So they had to go to the other two school then took her back. Oh dear! Then this morning she wanted to walk to the bus stop by herself. I let her but then put the other girls in the van and went and parked at a neighbors...just enough that I could see her until she hopped on the bus. Maybe that should be my little secret? Here's to hoping for a great start with Mt. Zion schools!

No comments: