Monday, August 11, 2014

Little Theater Love

 The Little Theater on the Square should have it's own label in my blog. It's repeated several times a year...but I'm not one for labels. Anyway, this past week we wrapped up the Children's summer series with 101 Dalmatians. It was definitely one of my favorites. It was one of Gigi's too. I haven't loved a show this much since Rescuing Rapunzel the summer of 2011. And normally we would get a picture of Gigi with the kids, but it was a cloudy, rainy day.

The cast was excellent, and they managed to get the kids involved. They howled and barked on command and at one point beach balls were flying all over the audience. The songs were so peppy and many of them we could sing along too...they were straight out of the Disney Film Version. The girls just loved it. As we were leaving mom said to me "I don't think Colby is a big fan of musicals."which made me chuckle. And of course after the show I told Leah she could only get one picture since it was raining. Fortunately for us, we got out of the theater pretty quickly and were third in line to see Cruella DeVille, Horace and Jasper.

So what made last Thursday even better was the fact that Thursday evening I got to go see Legally Blonde with all my Girlfriends...literally, ALMOST all of my local Decatur area girlfriends. I created the event on Facebook in early July and said RSVP now so we can get tickets and 10 out of the 14 said yes. We had a group of 11 to see the show and it was WONDERUL. I'm still singing the songs, but most of all I am just feeling incredibly blessed. Three and a half years ago living all alone in New Jersey I never would have imagined that my life could be so full. Family and Friends have made my life whole. I love this group of ladies. We have so much fun, we are supportive of one another...and most of all we are just there. Any time, all the time...whenever. I hit the jackpot with this group. Pictured from Left to Right in the back row: Tisha, Leslie, Nicole, Holly, Ashley and Missy. In the front row: Ellen, me, Jaci, Denise and Amanda. We missed Tracy, Emily, Laura and Amruta...but there is always next time.


No comments: