Friday, August 1, 2014

Day at the Beach!





Well, somehow my pictures ended up all out of order. But you'll still get the jist of our day. My friend Leslie planned a Beach play date and we were super excited to join in on the fun! Tisha, Ellen, Ashley, Missy, Leslie and I all carted our kids and our STUFF to Clinton Lake Beach. It was a little over a 30 minute drive, so not to bad and well worth it. For the first hour, at least, we had the beach to ourselves. The Girls were so excited. They hadn't really been to a beach since New Jersey. So Leah was 2.5 and Bug was around 6 mo...they probably don't remember it. Thankfully all our friends have boys, so there were plenty of buckets and shovels for building sand castles. Note to self...get buckets and shovels. But mostly they just really loved being there with all their friends. Not gonna lie, I loved being there with my friends too. I really hope we can find the time to do it again before summer is over.

It was a gorgeous day. This July has been crazy with cooler temps. I think the high only got up to 78. The water was warm, but when you came out it was plenty chilly with the breeze. I was smart and stayed on land! We all packed lunches and snacks so the kids came and went and ate when they wanted to. I think you can tell from the pictures of the girls sleeping in the car that they were thoroughly worn out. But when Mitch got home Hattie kept telling him "Fun day" and "Beach"...yeah, we definitely need to do this again.




No comments: