Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Mt. Calvary at Rock Springs


Kiersten has been having a great year at Mt. Calvary preschool. They take lots of field trips and I feel especially blessed that I have been able to stay home with my girls and help with all the preschool fun. Hattie has enjoyed tagging along too.

Today they went to Rock Springs nature preserve for a hike. The kids were actually really well behaved. We started on a trail that had a teepee. They talked all about how the Native Americans lived. And I love that Kiersten says Native Americans. They looked at different animal exhibits and got to look for fish from a large dock with LOTS of railings. We went inside the nature center too. There were lots of turtles and fish to observe as well as a huge window to the outdoors to watch different bird species at different bird feeders. Bug spotted the Cardinal right away. Mrs. Kurecki said we love the bird and the team, and a little boy said "I don't love the Cardinals" to which she replied "you love the bird, just not the team." and Bug chimed right in "well I love the team." That's my girl. It was gorgeous weather and we certainly enjoyed the day!

No comments: