Tuesday, April 7, 2015

The Dells






Thankfully on Friday the 26th, Hattie was putting some weight on her leg. I called PA Zach Sowa, he was able to fit us in, and he gave us the all clear to let Hattie go to the water park. It was adorable. When he said she could go, she said "Oh thank you, thank you, thank you, it's so nice." He laughed and said "I didn't do anything, thank you for healing up so fast." He thinks it is just a bad bone bruise, told me to carry her a lot and not let her get too crazy. NO PROBLEM!!!

So we packed up and headed North. The girls were super excited to have their friends Camryn and Cayde along for the trip. And I was super excited to have Denise to help. Surely the two of us could handle these 5 kids, right?!?! The water park wasn't the best, and the rooming situation could have been better. Our room wasn't bad, it had been remodeled in the near future, but it wasn't actually at the water park. We had to drive off-site so that was a bit of a pain, but the girls didn't let that bother them at all. We made the most of it. I wasn't brave enough to take my phone in the water park, so I only have hotel room, and amusement park pictures, but that's okay. The four older girls were just a tad too short to do anything on their own, so Denise and I took turns going up and down stairs, carrying inner tubes so we could ride the slides. And we spent a lot of time on the lazy river.

The amusement park wasn't too much to get excited about, but the kids enjoyed it. And that's what matters most. I'm glad that we were able to get out of town and enjoy some time with our friends. Grandma Tootie and Aunt Lisa met us in the Dells and took the girls home with them to Montevideo for a few days. What a treat for them...and me!

No comments: