Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Hattie and the Purple Cast




So yesterday, Monday, we woke up and started our day and Hattie was still limping. I called the pediatrician and they recommended we go to the Ortopedic Pediatrics Unit at DMH. So that's what we did. We ended up seeing the PA, Zack in Dr. Tuan's office and he was wonderful as were the nurses. He examined her, pushed and pulled very gingerly. He was also able to look at her Xrays from Express Care. He agreed that he didn't see a break but said sometimes you can't see them in toddlers because of the location of the growth plates. He wasn't comfortable with her mobility so we put a cast/splint on for the time being and he wants to Xray again on APRIL 7th!!! That seems so far away. But it is what it is. Overall she is being a trooper. And to me, the look on Bugs face speaks volumes. Hattie is claiming that Leah pushed her off the trampoline ladder. Leah says she fell while on the trampoline and Bug is keeping her mouth shut. We may never know the truth, but for now we have some sad little girls. Trying to figure out if we can make our Wisconsin Dells waterpark trip work for next week.


The worst part was by far sleeping. Lucky for us, Mitch was gone. She kept climbing out of bed and crawling to my room. I kept taking her back to her bed, but she just wasnt having it. She kept crying saying "take it off, mommy" and "but it's itchy, mommy". This sweet girl was just breaking my heart. I let her and Bug sleep in this morning while I got Leah up and out the door for school. It was a long night.

***She slept with my every night while Mitch was gone and I loved every ounce of snuggle.

No comments: