Sunday, March 22, 2015

Bone Contusion

I just don't know what I am going to do with this girl. She thinks she can keep up with her sisters...and she can't. On Friday there was a mishap with the trampoline. Leah came in the house and said Hattie wanted off, but I was on the phone. I asked her to help her and a few minutes later there is a lot of screaming and I watched Leah and Bug drag poor Hattie up the deck stairs. I finished up my call quickly and tended to the little.

It didn't take long for me to realize that she wouldn't put any weight on her leg. I called Mitch immediately. He came home and we tried to figure out what was wrong. As far as we could tell it wasn't broken, but something clearly wasn't right. So at 5:40 off to Urgent Care I went. They said it could be a Toddlers fracture, so they did Xrays. She was not a happy camper. I tried to get a picture of her but she was squirming in pain.

They came back with the results and said there was not fracture or breaks and that she may just have a bone contusion...fancy word for bruise. Her little toddler bones aren't ready to play so rough and tumble like big sisters. Friday night she didn't sleep the greatest. She ended up in our bed with her little leg propped up. She never put any weight on it all day, Saturday and spent most of the day on the couch. Of course I got some snuggles in. She slept all night, last night, and took two steps this morning and is letting us move it a little more. But otherwise she's been on the couch all day again. Poor Hattie cakes...Its not common for her to sit still this long. I hope this gets better quick :(

No comments: