Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Birthday Kick-Off



For weeks I kept telling Bug that she wasn't having a birthday party, that we were going to do a Birthday trip this year instead. And somehow I did a great job keeping it a secret until just a few days before. And then the weather happened. We had tickets to see Disney's Frozen on Ice on Sunday March 1st, but a huge snow storm was threatening to come in on Saturday Feb. 28th. Gigi started to panic. She had me book some hotel rooms, but on the day of, she wasn't comfortable driving. So I met her in Sullivan to get Macy and we made the trek to St. Louis. It only took us 4 hours, but we managed to arrive in Collinsville and get settled into our room. The girls were wound up after the long drive. So it felt good to get our wiggles out in the water. We headed back to the room, and I thought for sure they would all be asleep between 9:30-10...well that didn't happen. It was more like 11:30. Macy, Leah and Bella slept in bags on the floor and Bug slept with me, while Hattie slept with Jaci. Then of course Leah woke us all up around 6:30...yikes! We stayed at a Hampton Inn and they had a good continental breakfast. After we ate, Jaci took all the kids to the pool while I worked on loading up the van, and then I met them in the water. They girls were loving it!

No comments: