Saturday, October 17, 2015

Fire Station #1
















So if you didn't know...October is Fire Safety and Prevention Month. That means trips to the local fire station. Luckily for me, Kiersten and Hattie were visiting on the same day. I got to pull double duty as a chaperone. I went back and forth from class to class. Both girls were happy and I got it all done in one day!

The routine is the same every year. They slide down pole, they get to spray the Fire hose, they get to meet Sparky the dog, and the firemen explain all the gear that they wear and explain what it does so the kids won't be afraid.

One of the best parts of our fire station is Fire Marshall Lyle. He is so fantastic with the kids. He does a puppet show and  a magic show and really gets them excited. He keeps them laughing for sure while teaching an important lesson. I've been enough times I think I have the show memorized. I only have 2 more years of fire house visits left...I will miss it when we are done.

No comments: