Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Happy Birthday, Sweet Kiersten!

 Today, my lovely little Bug is 7! I've heard the saying "the days are long, but the years are short." and it feels so true. Sometimes I just can't wait for bedtime. But when I look at how quickly she is growing up, right in front of my eyes, I know I'm going to miss this.

Mitch had to leave town for a work trip so he surprised her at school the day before. He grabbed some Subway and met her for lunch. She loved being able to have lunch with her daddy. This morning she woke up to a donut with sprinkles for breakfast. I even lit a candle and we sang Happy Birthday to her. At school she got to play on the iPad, I brought in treats for her class, and she got to get a gift from the prize box.

After school we had regular routine...We went and got our traditional ice cream cone. It's funny how many people know this is what we do thanks to social media. And since its Wednesday that meant Leah had swim. We dropped Leah off at the pool and I let her pick where she wanted to go for dinner. McDonalds...she wanted a happy meal, so happy meal is what she got. I think she'd say it was a happy birthday. And Gigi is on her way home so we can celebrate this weekend. I love you, Bug...you are so kind and always looking out for others. Love your heart, your smile, your laugh...all of you to the moon and back. Happy Birthday!




No comments: