Wednesday, August 23, 2017

A New Era








Well, the first day of school came and went. The girls were excited. They were totally ready to go. And I was equal parts happy for them and sad. It was really the end of a major chapter in my life. I'm a stay at home mom with no kids to stay home with...after 9 years I'm closing the book. Okay, that may be a bit dramatic. But like I said, it was at least the end of a chapter. But onward and upwards to the next one.

Mitch stayed home to see the girls off with me. We sent Hattie on the bus because that's her routine, that is her normal. But then we followed the bus to school. We were walking up the school to greet her as she got off the bus, but we weren't fast enough. We watched her walk off the bus and bounce into the school with all her little friends. And then the tears came. This is going to be a huge adjustment for me. I'm used to having my little love with me ALL the time.

She got home and was so excited to tell me about the things she did...the stories they read and who she played with. She was so excited to go back the next day and have her first school lunch. And lucky for me I was volunteering in the cafeteria so I was able to get hugs and remind her to eat not talk, LOL.

Leah came home and breathed a sigh of relief. She liked her teacher and recognized a few kids in her class. It's a big year for her, but shes finally getting her nerves in check and she's ready to tackle 4th grade. Tomorrow she has to take her violin with her, so that will be interesting!

And Kiersten tackled 2nd grade like a champ. She's such a social butterfly. She was excited to see all her friends and she is confident that 2nd grade is going to be fantastic. She loves having the same teacher that Leah had. We are ready for another great year as Mt. Zion Braves!

No comments: