Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Orientation


All three girls are attending a new school this year! So we definitely had to make sure we made it to the orientation nights. Hattie was so excited to enter her classroom. She couldn't wait to find her desk and see where she was going to sit. She was so happy to see her teacher, and she has 4 friends from preschool in her class: Khloe, Riley, Norah and Alec. The teacher read them a story, The Night Before Kindergarten. She was in heaven and didn't want to leave.

Kiersten has the same teacher that Leah had, so her orientation was almost like DejaVu. I remembered most of what Mrs. Hatayama does. It was only two years ago. Kiersten was happy to show me her locker and she was exited to have a few friends in her class as well.

Sadly, I don't have a picture from Leah's orientation. I was working at a different school that night, but joined her and Mitch. As I left to go get the littles ready for bed I asked Mitch to snap a picture but he forgot. The transition to 4th grade in Mt. Zion is a big one. It's a much bigger school, they get their own chrome book and then they also start band/orchestra. Leah's is thrilled to be playing the violin, and I think it helps that her two friends Faith and Landon play the violin as well. Excited for these girls and hope they have a great school year!

No comments: