Friday, October 27, 2017

Scarecrow


This week Kiersten's class was making scarecrows. This is a fundraiser that Mrs. Hatayama does every year. Her class makes them, and sells them and the  money goes to Toys for Tots, to provide Christmas gifts to children in our community. Many weeks back I signed up as a volunteer for the day. But then I got scheduled for surgery on my shoulder After 10 months of battling my shoulder it was time to put adhesive capsulitis behind me.

I had my surgery on Tuesday Oct. 24th, and it's times like these I'm so glad that my mom is close enough to help. She stayed the night and went to school with Kiersten on Wednesday to help with the project. Kiersten's partner was Adrienne Parker, who we already knew from softball! And because Gigi can't ever say no, the scarecrow Samantha ended up coming back to our house. Anything for a good cause.

No comments: