Friday, November 17, 2017

American Education






For one week in November, we celebrate American Education Week. During this week parents are invited to come and observe their children in the classroom. I started with Leah. Mrs. Gerhardt talked to us about what their day typically looks like and then we played a fun game. It's called Contig, and they actually have Contig competitions. I liked it! I think it's a great activity that we would be able to do together at home. So I grabbed an extra print out of the sheet so we can play.

Next up was Bug. Since Leah had Mrs. Hatayama two years ago, I kind of knew what was in store. But that didn't make it any less special. Kiersten and her classmates did a fantastic job,singing and then Mrs. Hatayama read a story about a turkey who wanted a disguise. So after that we got to disguise our own turkey. It was no surprise to me that she wanted to make her turkey look like Harry Potter. And she did a great job, too!

And finally I got to visit Hattie in her class. Every year the kindergarten classes host a Thanksgiving feast. So to kick off the afternoon we made feathered headbands for the kids to wear. They were given 5 feathers and had to write what they are thankful for. Hattie said she was thankful for her parents, friends, sisters, dogs and her teacher. After we were done with our craft they did an adorable Thanksgiving skit. The girls loved having me visit them, and I feel incredibly blessed that I was able to do so.

No comments: