Saturday, December 2, 2017

10 years


 It hardly seems possible that yesterday, Mitch and I celebrated our ten year anniversary. Some days it seems like we are still in those early days of romance and getting to know one another, and others it seems that he's always been a part of my life. I guess that's the thing about being with your best friend. I just couldn't imagine a more perfect person to complete my life.

I knew he had a little something planned for our anniversary, but I really had no clue what it was. I was happy to let him surprise me. But he wasn't the only one with a surprise. I found a baker to recreate one of our wedding cakes. I was thrilled with the way it turned out. I figured it would be a very special way to share our day with the girls. They loved it, and were so excited to see us recreate eating our wedding cake. Mitch was surprised too. He actually asked if it was one of the originals. It was even better!

Mitch whisked me away to St. Louis for a night. We checked into the Union Station Hotel that was decorated beautifully for the Holidays, we had a dinner at Eleven Eleven Mississippi...it was amazing. And then we headed to The Fox Theater to see the King and I. It was a Broadway quality production for sure. It was lovely to get away with my sweetheart for a night. I'm a lucky girl, indeed.










No comments: