Friday, December 22, 2017

All the Who's down in Whoville...


The girls have been having a wonderful last week of school. Hattie was so excited to celebrate Grinch Day. We did the best we could with her hair and even put a little makeup on her lips and cheeks to make her more official. I had the Grinch shirt left from Kiersten's Grinch-day two years prior, so we went with it. On Wednesday she had her Christmas party. I goofed up my schedule and was planning ot be there but I had it down for Tuesday and unfortunately couldn't make it because I had Physical Therapy...but she was a trooper and didn't seem to mind one bit!

On Thursday the entire Kindergarten had plans to go to the Avon to see the Polar Express. But we already had plans to head North for Christmas with the Schultz Family for the weekend. I was informed that Hattie had to attend for the entire time or not at all...I wouldn't be allowed to pick her up early. So we ditched school for the day and to make it up to her we had Dunkin Donuts for Breakfast! She was pretty happy about her snowflake sprinkled donut and even more excited about the fact that we were planning to stop at a water park in the Wisconsin Dells on our way to Minnesota.

And I have to say how incredibly proud I am of both Leah and Kiersten. The original Mt. Zion School schedule that was available at the beginning of the year said we dismissed for Christmas Break on the 21st. But it was wrong. We actually went through the 22nd. The big girls were both scheduled to have their class Christmas parties on Friday morning but we already had plans to be on the road. We left it up to them. We would stay in town if it was that important for them to be there. They both said they'd rather get to Minnesota to be with family. I was so proud of them. Such big hearts. 

No comments: