Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Christmas Tree and Cookies


This Christmas Season has been one for the books! I can't seem to get everything on my list tackled. But two things definitely got done. The tree and the cookies. Oh who am I kidding...somehow I got it all done, I was running around like a crazy person, but it all got done. Oh wait, except the Gingerbread men. Oh well, there's always next year. I normally take tons of pictures of the girls decorating the tree, but this year we had a few new ornaments so while the girls were decorating their little hearts out I was tying string to the new ornaments so they could hang them.

Then there were the cookies! Kiersten got an American Girl Doll magazine with many fantastic recipes. So we gave many of them a go. We actually made Molasses Ginger Snaps on Thursday night, and then spent all of Saturday the 9th, working on the craberry oatmeal (which ended up being my fave), the chocoloate dipped, the red velvet, and regular chocolate chip. We donated most of them to the Mt. Zion Community Club Cookie walk. Then Kiersten made additional Cranberry Oatmeal and Chocolate Dipped for our holiday celebrations. Lots of baking, but lots of fun and memories too!

No comments: