Sunday, April 21, 2019

Holding on to HIS Promise

So here we are. Three weeks ago our world was turned upside down with Jackson’s diagnosis. And somehow this is turning into our new “normal”. Only we don’t want this. How do you accept this new “normal”. Truthfully, you put one foot in front of the other, and you just keep going. Because really...what other choice do you have, but to be strong?

I’ve made it back over to Indy several times. I’ve been with them on good days, and I’ve been with them on not so good days. The struggles lie in knowing that there are many more bad days to come. I’m having to remind myself that bad things happen. Bad things happen Every.Single.Day...they’re just harder to accept when they happen to you or your loved ones. But God never sends us into these battles alone. And even though at times we feel alone, he is with us every step of the way. He sends us little reminders, you just have to be willing to see them. He sends us reminders in the shape of support and love and prayers from family, friends and even people you don’t know at all. And it is then that you realize what a gift you have. The gift of others lifting you up. The gift of knowing you are not alone.

Tomorrow is Easter. Mitch the girls and I are in Arizona. Getting on that plane was a tough call. I didn’t want to do it. But Gigi reminded me that I have a sister here who needs me too. I have nieces and Jackson has an aunt that need to feel connected right now. So we’re here. My anxiety is off the chart. Matt and Cynthia were supposed to be coming out here in a few days as well. I feel guilt. Guilt that I can be here with my healthy kids, while they can not... they will be spending their first holiday in a hospital room. And guilt that I’m not even there to support them and love them through it.

Tonight we had a lovely Easter celebration with the Robisons. We’ve known them and loved them so long that they are family. We know they’re lifting us up in prayer. Tomorrow I will go to church with my family. We will praise Him. We will keep the faith, we will continue to believe that he will heal his faithful Jackson. We will pray that he comforts us and heals our hearts throughout this journey, and we will thank him for the gift of his forgiveness and unending love.

And while we’re here we will enjoy every moment with the family that we love dearly and don’t see nearly often enough. These girls are forging a special bond. They laugh and giggle and giggle  and laugh some more. It does my heart good and I remember to give thanks for the abundant blessings in my life. Happy Easter. May you enjoy faith and fellowship with all your loved ones on this holy day.














No comments: