Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Sweet Jackson

Prayer warriors we need you now. My sweet little nephew, Jackson, was diagnosed with leukemia. We know that He hears our prayers so I’m asking your to lift us up. Matt, Cynthia and Jackson have a long road ahead of them. I love my little buddy, and I’m trusting that all will be well and he will be healed. He’s in the best place possible right now.

On Sunday Mitch and I went to Indianapolis to be with Cynthia while Matt went home to be with Macy and Colby. I can tell you with 100% certainty that a pediatric oncology floor in a hospital is what nightmares are made of. We hugged and we cried but mostly he talked about next steps and how to move forward. We aren’t ready for this to be our new reality, but like it or not, these are the cards we have been dealt.

On Monday I returned to Indianapolis. We waited patiently for the bone marrow biopsy results, and once again we were heartbroken to receive the diagnosis of AML, Acute Myeloid Leukemia. AML is the more aggressive leukemia with a much more difficult treatment plan. Again, we held one another, we cried and we prayed. We opened Matt’s prayer book to see verse Joshua 1:9 in my grandmothers writing. Before I left I held their hands and prayed over Jackson for comfort and complete healing.

Even when we don’t like the answers we recognize that we prayed for answers and now we have them. We wanted an explanation for Jackson’s pain and we have that. Please Lord, take this pain from his little broken body. Make him whole again.











No comments: