Saturday, May 16, 2020

Home Again

On Monday after lunch we started the long trek home. For once Mitch was awake to at least see part of New Mexico. He'd been asleep or it was the dead of night the other 3 times we'd done the drive. At this point we're getting pretty good at it. And for sure it's easier to do it straight through the night. When you stop halfway you spend two full days in the car. When you go straight through and take turns napping, the girls are asleep for nearly one-third of the drive and it just seems more manageable.

I told Laura it probably wasn't a great idea to trex 4 miles into a canyon hours before getting in the car for a 23 hour drive but if she was doing it she was going all the way. And the end result was me being horribly swollen. It was laughable. I told my mom, Laura and Cynthia I felt like I had shrek feet. The only other time I had been that swollen was right after I had Kiersten, but even then it wasn't that bad. Thankfully the swelling was gone in 36 hours. I was back to exercising and could actually wear shoes. We're happy to be home with our sweet pups but sure missing that Arizona sun. Nothing but rain here in Illinois. Guess we'll look for rainbows!








No comments: