Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Sabino Canyon Stroll

Monday was scheduled to be our last day in Arizona. Laura had skipped her Sunday morning Sabino Canyon hike because of Mother's Day. So I did what I never want to do!!! I got up at 5:15 in the morning so we could do the 7.5 miles into the Canyon. She was right that the temperature/weather would be perfect. The sun hadn't come up over the peaks yet so were in the shade almost the entire time. I didn't want to do the entire hike. I told her I'd be just fine with only going 4-5 miles in. But she wasn't having it. That last mile to the turnaround was rough...literally climbing uphill on a mountain, but we did it. We saw some funny things along the way. People wearing flip flops on bikes tops the list. I took a picture of this older gentleman wearing socks with his flip flops. He climbed that last mile...went down a mile and back up again. It was impressive but then a little while later we saw him taking a dip in the creek. And we laughed at the signs warning bikers to beware. I mean, the tires on that bike are all jacked up and it's just a funny sign. It was nice for Laura and I to spend that last morning together.

If you would have told me at the beginning of shelter in place that we would spend 31 days living together during the Covid-19 pandemic I would've thought you were crazy. But that's exactly what happened. It was 14 days in March and then another 17 days in April/May. We lived together for one whole month in 2020. And in June Laura is going to drive her crew to Illinois. It's the one good thing to come out of all this. We've finally slowed down enough to spend quality time with family.













No comments: